Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Links

I am a firm believer that every person in this world is connected somehow. Whether it be 7 degrees or 7 thousand degrees of separation, we all have a line threaded between each other.

And with the invention of internet and social-networking sites and blogs and the like, I can't help but wonder...who follows me? What do they see? I know that no one checks my blog, and I like it that way. I don't mind either way, really. But my neighbors, my parent's friends, my family members, what do they see? What do they perceive? Strangers...what do they think of me?

My facebook is public. This blog is public. So when people check my wall or my posts and see my rants and angry statuses do they think that I'm just an angry bitchy teenager? Do they call me spoiled and ungrateful? I live in a very conservative and religious community. Does that make my liberalism and Buddhism harder to swallow? If my loving and retired and religious next door neighbors saw my facebook, saw what I claimed to be my political views and religious belief and groups that I belong to and pages I am a fan of... would they consider me a lost soul? Would my parents get the blame?

But there is no one to blame! I shouldn't feel guilty for what I am a fan of and what groups I belong to. It's all true. I am pro gay-rights. I am pro-choice. I am a Buddhist. I cuss occasionally and offend people...quite often. But that doesn't mean that I am a bad person. I want to help people. I want to heal people. There really isn't much of a difference between my God-loving, mission-going, world-saving neighbors. They just have their different motives.

I want to save the world for the sake of a better life for all of us. They want to save the world for the sake of preserving God's creations. Can you say which is the nobler cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment