Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rant. Automobiles. Insurance. Rant.

Hi there, auto insurance industries. My name is Michelle Vo, and I was wondering why the fuck your rates are so high. You see, the thing is that I live approximately 3 and a half miles UPHILL from the bus stop to the local community college as well as McDonald's, where I plan on working the summer. I also live approximately 4 and half miles uphill from the library. I also live 5 miles away from the gym. It takes about an hour to walk uphill from all of these places. Which is why I need a car.

Now I wonder why your rates are so astronomically high that my parents can't afford to pay them. I wonder why your rates are upwards of $2,000 a year. I am a damn good student. I passed my written test with a 100% (even if it was the second time). My parents have impeccable credit and while the collective record is not that impressive, my mother's driving record is reflective mirror clean.

Because of you, I won't get a car until I am 17. Four months into senior year. Because of you, I have to ride the goddamn school bus home with a bunch of annoying and obnoxious underclassmen. Because of you, I won't be able to participate in school activities that I need to continue to be competitive for college. Because of you, my life will suck.

Do you really want me to walk several miles in 100+ degree weather? Do you want me to get skin cancer? Because I'm working, going to school, and volunteering either way. I refuse to lose my promised independence because of your greedy asses. I refuse to succumb to my mother's preconceptions of how I'm going to spend the summer, which, quite frankly, suck major ass.

I hate you, auto insurance industry. I hate you, crappy Omnitrans bus system. I hate you, lack of freedom and money. Life sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment