Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Feeling Like a Number One

I love ABBA. I really do. My parents are total karaoke fiends and ABBA is such a karaoke staple. You can act out the lyrics! Which comes in handy, because my family CANNOT shake their groove thing. We are incapable of dancing. I saw my parents do the salsa one time and it was just them moving back and forth. They were having a good time, of course, but COME ONE! Salsa is like SEARING LATIN SPICE STYLE! I can't even do the macarena! I struggle with the cha cha slide!

But yes. ABBA is excellent because all you have to do is mouth the lyrics and interpret them with your body! That, I can do! And I love how their songs normally have allusions to places in Europe. It makes me want to cross The Pond and explore the Continent! And let's be honest. The vocals are heavenly. I get shivers when they start doing their vibrato thang.


No comments:

Post a Comment